In schools, for Year 6 and 7 classes:
- Teachers can run Maker Kids Club in the classroom (one hour per week for 14 weeks) – No PD required.
- Enrolment includes:
- Access to the online training platform for every student and the teacher for the duration of the course,
- Detailed lesson plans with all links to the curriculum outlined, and
- Online support.
- A typical lesson includes:
- Watching a training video (6-20 minutes),
- Discussing the content following the lesson plan, and
- Student group work to complete the activity sheet accompanying the lesson.
- Week 10 is launch week
- This typically lines up with the end of school term.
- Options for when and where to run the market are endless. Schools have paired them with end of term assembly, sports carnivals, fetes or held the market as a special after-school event. You can choose an option that works for your school.
- Lessons 11 to 14 are completed after the launch market:
- These lessons cover reflection, money management, updating plans and celebration.
- They can be completed any time after the market, for example in the next term school.
- See our Success Path for an overview of the stages and lessons
Contact us to enquire about running Maker Kids Club in your classroom.