In schools, for Year 6 and 7 classes:
- Teachers can run Maker Kids Club in the classroom (one hour per week for 14 weeks).
- Enrolment includes:
- Individual access to the online training platform for every student and the teacher for the duration of the course,
- detailed lesson plans with all links to the curriculum outlined, and
- online support.
- A typical lesson includes:
- watching a training video (6-20 minutes),
- discussing the content following the lesson plan, and
- student group work to complete the activity sheet accompanying the lesson.
- Week 10 is nominally launch week (though it’s up to each school when they want to run their market)
- This typically lines up with the end of school term.
- We’ve found it’s great to run the launch market on the same day as end-of-term assembly so parents can attend too.
- Lessons 11 to 14 are typically completed in the following term:
- These lessons cover reflection, money management, updating plans and celebration.
- Teachers can opt to compress the course by doing four weeks with 2 lessons, so the course can be completed in one 10-week term.
- See our Success Path for an overview of the stages and lessons
Contact us to enquire about running Maker Kids Club in your classroom.